Parties & galas call for dresses that not only reflect our culture but are also high on glamor and style. Designer party wear kurtis come with gorgeous embellishments and intricate embroideries such as aaritari, zari, gotapatti, zardosi, mirror work, chikankari, batik, etc. Delicate works and careful styling lend an unmatchable grace to these kurtis and make the wearer come alive. However, it is quintessential to select the right fabric for your party wear dresses so that you don't end up looking like a fashion disaster. Here are 5 gorgeous fabrics that will make for impeccable designer kurtis-
1. Sheer Chiffons Be it kurtis, suits, sarees or gowns, chiffon fabric is the go-to choice for every Indian ensemble. This super lightweight fabric is soft and see-through, thus making a comfortable option. Chiffon has an inherent grace that lends a touch of elegance to the wearer. Kurtis fabricated from chiffon material come out to be super rich and classy. Due to its thin & slippery characteristics, chiffon requires expertise in stitching. This fabric is also used as an overlay for flowing kurtis and evening gowns to add the extra touch. What's more, this versatile fabric will keep you fresh in summers and warm in winters since it holds air close to the skin. A range of embroideries, prints and designs can be found in chiffon kurtis that make a flawless option for big fat Indian weddings, parties, galas and ceremonies. Two-tone, shaded chiffon kurtis also make a perfect choice for royal events.
2. ElegantGeorgettes A close relative of chiffon, georgette is another transparent fabric. The only difference lies in its heaviness and thickness when compared to chiffon. When you wish to adorn your kurti with heavy embroidery and intricate detailing, then georgette makes a better choice than the super lightweight chiffon. With a dull, rough texture and sheer feel, georgette requires intense care in handling. The beauty of a georgette kurti lies in its flowing nature that lends a whimsical feel to the adorner. Georgette kurtis are perfect for women with toned figures as this fabric tends to cling to the body, taking the shape of your curves and flattering your figure. Designers across the country use this miraculous fabric to curate gorgeous dresses, evening gowns, Designer Kurtis and bridal dresses. Extra care is required in sewing and styling this delicate material.
3. Luxurious Silks Popular in South India, silk fabric is considered super luxurious and royal. That's one reason why it's so well-known in crafting outfits for special occasions and weddings. Available in a plethora of gorgeous colors, silk kurtis are soft to touch and lend an unmatchable grace to the wearer. Owing to its great luster and perfect drape, silk fabric is a hit choice amongst Indian designers and brides. A flowing silk dress is synonymous with true style and sovereignty. These kurtis have the extra benefit of keeping you cool in summers and warm in winters. Pair your silk party wear kurtis with statement accessory and a high-on-bling clutch.
4. Sober Jutes A coarse and stiff natural fabric, jute is perfect for events that have a sober dress code. Full sleeves kurtis crafted out of this stiff fabric scream ultimate sophistication and class. This highly comfy and breathable fabric is perfect for the scorching Indian summers. The subtle shine and simplicity of this material makes it a flawless choice for sober parties, team dinners, galas and so on. Jute kurtis are more on the refined side and come in a range of colors and minimal prints that leave you spoilt for choice. Complete your look with minimal makeup and statement shoes.
5. Soft Net Super transient and lightweight, net fabric makes for a well-fitted kurti or top, explaining why it's a popular choice amongst slender women and teen girls. Although delicate, net has the capacity to withhold heavy stonework and embroidery and hence makes a great option for grand events, weddings and ceremonies. Net kurtis require a proper lining underneath and extra caution in crafting. Dazzle any event in stylish netted kurtis with a little skin show and much bling.
6. Royal Chanderi Chanderi fabric is crafted from a melange of silk, zari and cotton yarn, thus resulting in a larger-than-life, shimmering texture that screams class and culture. This standout fabric is sheer and super glossy in appearance. Chanderi kurtis in India have gorgeous traditional motifs and intricate patterns adorned on them. An immaculate choice for parties, Chanderi can take you from boardroom to ballroom with minimum effort.