A new year means a look forward to the fashion trends for 2011! If you don’t know the cycle, Fashion Week for Fall 2011 takes place in February. Spring fashion 2011 was held back in September. So, we have pretty much everything we need to know the upcoming climate of fashion!
We are still very stuck in winter right now, so what is the point of looking forward already? I just want to provide an short overview in case you feel the need to go shopping! That way you can look for things that will carry you over to the new seasons as they come.
Let’s just talk about shopping now for a minute. People often wonder why there are swim suits in the stores and the winter coats have moved to the clearance area – and we still have at least three more months of winter! Well, resort wear is for warm weather vacationers and people who want to get a head start on spring fashion. The clothing is to bridge the gap between fall and spring. The nice thing about the resort lines are that it does still contain elements of winter clothing – just a little more lightweight. This line does have it’s benefits! The actual winter clothes are now on sale! If you are a bargain shopper, now is a great time to get those high priced clothing items on sale.
Which brings us to looking forward for fashion trends this year. Knowing what is coming around in the next couple of seasons, you can buy the discount item now if it is available! So, keep these few things in mind when shopping.
- The next logical style trends after the 60’s Mad Men of last fall is the 70’s reinterpretation! Think tunics and bohemian. This matches perfectly with resort wear and will definitely go into the spring and fall.
- You will see pleats in tops and skirts for spring – not to be confused with pleated pants! Stick with the flat front unless you are really tall and thin.
- Skirt hemlines are getting longer! Last fall they were below the knee. Now, you will start to find ankle length skirts. Choose the longer skirts carefully. They can add length as long as you get the print and fit right. But how exciting and comfy!
- Fur is not going anywhere so keep your eye out for deals now and it will last you for at least another season.
- If you don’t have your denim yet, get it – jacket? Dress? The sky is the limit with denim! Of course this is for casual wear.
- Skinny’s here to stay and has switched from a trend to a classic according to experts. So, keep buying those skinny jeans – and how cute with a tunic or drop waist top!
- If you are looking for a handbag, the slouchy bag has switched to a more structured bag. It is much more professional for day.
- Textures will vary but you will notice a lot of lace and ruffles. Great pieces for dressing up!
- We can’t talk about fashion trends unless we talk about color! Cream is definitely eye catching – especially as a different neutral. Bold colors like orange and pink will be available in many different shades. Pantone’s color of the year is Honeysuckle! I have already found this color in many different clothing items already – including a turtleneck! I love it to add a punch to my winter neutrals!
Knowing the upcoming fashion trends for 2011 can be helpful if you go shopping now or in the future. And think of how much money you can save if you can find items on clearance! Happy Shopping!
If you are going on a trip, read my article about packing!