There are several reasons why people would take a hot bath. Hemorrhoids is one, healing after childbirth is another, and there are plenty of others. Knowing how to take a sitz bath for hemorrhoids or any other ailment is a good idea, since it can be such a helpful treatment. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Make sure that your bath is scrupulously clean – rinse it and disinfect if you are unsure.
- Fill the bath a few inches with water, which is as hot as you can stand to sit in. Remember to test the temperature – you do not want it to be too hot, and scald yourself!
- As an optional extra, add a sprinkle of salts to the hot water.
- Sit in the hot water and salt mixture for a few minutes.
- Follow up with a cold compress. Remember, the affected veins will expand with the hot bath. Hemorrhoids, or at least, the swollen veins that cause them, will contract with the application of a cold compress.
- The process of taking a bath, followed by a cold compress, also helps to stimulate blood flow, and can help prevent, or treat of external hemorrhoids.
As you can see, the process is quite simple to take a bath. Hemorrhoids, however, and the pain and discomfort associated with them, respond very well to this form of treatment. In fact, this, and other home remedies, can help to treat and prevent hemorrhoids in all but the most serious of cases.
Remember, however, that if your hemorrhoids are as a result of pregnancy, or if you are concerned about any other health condition, you should speak to your doctor before trying to treat them by taking a sitz bath. Hemorrhoids need not, however, be something that you suffer in silence about! Use this or other methods, and cure them today.